8 channel DIGI-LOG microphone preamplifier
* Award-winning Midas XL4 analogue microphone preamplifiers with switchable +48 V phantom power
* Low latency 24 bit 96 kHz ADC converters with overload protection
* All-analogue Midas XL4 swept low and high pass filters per input
* 2 ADAT-optical output ports with 75 ohm BNC connector for external word clock
* Selectable 96 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 48 kHz or 44.1 kHz sample rate operation
* Internal "AES Grade 1" temperature-compensated word clock (1 ppm)
* 8 inputs with Neutrik* XLR connectors and parallel 25 way D-type connector
* Electronically balanced analogue outputs on a 25 way D-type connector
* Digital AES3 (AES/EBU) outputs on dual 25 way D-type connectors
* Rugged 1U rackmount chassis for durability in portable applications
* Auto-ranging universal switch-mode power supply
* Designed and engineered in the U.K.
In response to the many customer requests received over the years, the MIDAS XL48 DIG-LOG Microphone Preamplifier is a combination of the best of both analogue and digital worlds. XL48 features eight classic XL4 series microphone preamplifiers in a 1U 19" rackmount enclosure with the acclaimed low latency 24 bit 96 kHz ADC converters with overload protection from the MIDAS XL8 Live Performance System, and a precision reference clock oscillator with 1 part-per- million (ppm) stability.
Additional features include swept high and low pass filters, 8 segment LED input meters, and individual phantom power, polarity invert, and -20 dB pad switches per channel. XL48 features both analogue outputs and digital outputs in ADAT optical and AES3 formats and all outputs can be used simultaneously, allowing the XL48 to be used as a multifunction analogue and/or digital microphone splitter. Multiple internal sample rates are supported, with the option to sync to external word clock.
XL48 is ideal for use in portable recording rigs, analogue and digital splits between consoles, or indeed augmenting the performance of other mixing consoles with its MIDAS XL4 microphone preamplifiers, XL8 analogue-to-digital conversion and precision reference-grade 1 ppm internal clock oscillator.